Erwachsenenbildung und Zeitgeschichte
26. September - 27.September 2015
Litera-Tour on the bike - A weekend on the traces of the writers Elisabeth Langgässer (1900-1950), Anna Seghers (1900-1983) and Georg Büchner (1813-1837) in the Rhine Valley around the Kühkopf near Darmstadt
You are taking part in an experimental journey of regional history and cultural geography. By using all our senses we are approaching the works and biographies of the above mentioned writers.
- On the 90 km ride (two days) we´ll explore the meadows and pasture around the Rhine valley, which had a strong influence on the work of E. Langgässer;
- we will go to the memorial site of the so called early concentration camp Osthofen (1933/34) on which A. Seghers novel "The Seventh Cross" is based;
- we also have a guided tour of the house Georg Büchner was born in.
The aims of the workshop are:
- to become aware of historical and cultural approaches to the world we live in;
- to become aware of what happens when we see the world as something we already know and something new and strange;
- to reflect ways of a critical regional awareness.
Languages: German and English
Concept and Organization: Dr. Klaus Heuer in cooperation with A. Clark, M.A. and certified bike guide, both adult educators
Information to participants:
- Time: Saturday, 26th September, 10 o'clock a.m. - Sunday, 27th 2015, 5 o'clock, p.m
- Meeting point: Justus-Liebig-Haus, Darmstadt
- Please take with you: bicycle in good condition
- MP3 Player if possible
Registering: Last date: 10.09.2015
Expenses: (30-50 Euro each to finance travelling costs of A. Clark, 50 Euro for the group for guided tour at the G. Büchner birthplace, everything else is paid individually, we´ll stay at a youth hostel at Gernsheim)
If you have any questions don´t hesitate to write an e-mail to Klaus Heuer
I am sure we´ll have fun and learn at the same time.
back to archive